Here is a recipe for quick and easy breakfast. This tempered Chickpea(also called garbanzo -an annual legume ) is a healthy and protein-rich food for both adults and kids. When my kid doesn’t have a mood to have any other food, I cook this spiced chickpea and give it to her. I am totally in love with this healthy and tasty breakfast. You may include this nutritious dish part of your snacks as well. It hardly takes 15 minutes to prepare. It tastes amazing. You may also serve with rice. You may mix with stir-fried veggies. Mixing with smoked bell pepper makes this dish highly nutritious and tasty.
One cup of cooked beans contains about 12 grams of fiber. Fiber is beneficial for your digestive tract, but it can also cause gas. Overnight soaking and adding the spices like cumin will help in reducing the gas. Cooked chickpeas are also rich in potassium.
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||15 minutes|
|Refrigerator life||1 Week|
|Cooked Chickpea(or Canned Chickpeas)||1 Cup|
|Fresh, unsweetened coconut (shredded)||1/2 Cup|
|Fresh Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Mustard Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh curry leaves, rinsed and destemmed (about 9-10 leaves)||1 Sprig|
|Turmeric powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coconut Oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida (Hing)||Small pinch|
- Soak chickpeas overnight and get it cooked (I use the pressure cooker to cook) with salt (You may use canned chickpeas as well to save time)
- Heat the oil in the skillet(I use the cast iron skillet). When the oil is heated add mustard seeds. When seeds begin to crackle, add cumin seeds, Turmeric powder green chili, asafoetida, and curry leaves and sauté for 10 seconds
- Add the cooked chickpeas to the Cast iron skillet
- Add shredded coconut, mix well and turn off the heat
- Add the lemon juice and give a quick stir and garnish with Coriander leaves, chopped spring onion and serve
1. Adding salt may not require after cooking
2. You may add chopped onion while tempering
I hope you will try this Protein-rich Indian Spiced Chickpea breakfast recipe and share the feedback in the comment section below.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. And do not forget to follow by Email, so that you will get an update on the latest recipe when I post. Just enter your Email and click ‘follow’ and then check your email and confirm subscription! That’s it!
#food #yummy #dinner #delicious #instafood #healthyfood #lunch#vegan#healthy #cooking#homemade#foodie #foodphotography #instafood #foodstagram #foodlover#buzzfeedfood#feedfeed#thefeedfeed#huffposttaste#foodprnshare#foods #foodgram #blogger #photography #cooking #yum #foodstyling #foody #sweet#lunch #fitness #chef #healthylifestyle #photooftheday #foodlove #vegetarian#vegan