Today, I’m here with another Asian side dish ‘Kang Kong stir-fry ‘ which is my daughter’s favorite. Kang kong – water spinach (pomoea aquatica) is a common ingredient in East and Southeast Asian dishes. I serve this fiber-rich side dish with Rice just like the Babok Choy stir-fry.
Here is a link for the recipe of Bok Choy stir-fry.
What are the health benefits?
Kang kong leaves are rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron and B vitamins. They also contain several other minerals like Magnesium etc.
1. They are fiber-rich
2.Good for treating Anaemia,
3. Relieving Indigestion, and Constipation
4.Good for heart and liver health
5.Good for Eye’s health
6. They have Antidiabetic properties
Adding smoked Bell pepper will enhance both taste and multivitamin and mineral intakes.
Where to buy Kang kong leaves?
Mostly in any Asian markets or well-stocked supermarkets.
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cooking Time||5 minutes|
|Refrigerator life||Better to eat when hot|
|Fresh Organic Kang Kong||220 gm – 1 pack|
|Cooking oil – Olive/Coconut/Peanut oils||1 Tea Spoon|
|Lemon Juice||1/2 Table Spoon|
|Ground white pepper powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic, finely minced||1 Table Spoon/3 Cloves|
|Sesame||1 Table Spoon|
|Roasted Coconut Flakes and Peanuts||1/2 Cup|
1. Trim the roots off just at the end and rinse the Kanog Kong thoroughly
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the washed, chopped Kanog Kong and cook about 40 seconds. Drain well
3. Combine the ground white pepper powder, lemon juice, salt, coconut oil, and water together in a small bowl. Whisk together well, set aside
4. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over high heat until smoking. Add the minced garlic and saute 50 seconds and then add cooked Kang Kong leaves, stir well. Continue to cook while stirring regularly for about 1 minute
5. Add the smoked bell pepper chunks and stir
6. Add the mixture of pepper powder, lemon juice, oil, salt prepared in step 3 to the Kanog Kong, sprinkle the salt if desired. Give it a nice stir and cook until they turn brown and tender (around 2-3 minutes)
7. Transfer to a serving platter, garnish with sesame seeds, roasted peanuts, roasted coconut flakes and serve immediately
I hope you will try this Fiber-rich, Protein rich stirfry -vegan recipe and share the feedback in the comment section below.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. And do not forget to follow by Email, so that you will get an update on the latest recipe when I post. Just enter your Email and click ‘follow’ and then check your email and confirm subscription! That’s it!
#food #yummy #dinner #delicious #instafood #healthyfood #lunch#vegan#healthy #cooking#homemade#foodie #foodphotography #instafood #foodstagram #foodlover#buzzfeedfood#feedfeed#thefeedfeed#huffposttaste#foodprnshare#foods #foodgram #blogger #photography #cooking #yum #foodstyling #foody #sweet#lunch #fitness #chef #healthylifestyle #photooftheday #foodlove #vegetarian#vegan