What to eat today? A question we ask ourselves almost every day.
I always look for the highly nutritious and a quick recipe in the morning. I would prefer to batch cook and store it in the fridge. I do not like to spend long hours in the kitchen. Today, I’ve got a healthy breakfast recipe, which I prepare for my family once a week and I store and then reuse.
Let’s dive into the recipe – a wholesome, hot, and homemade breakfast of oatmeal combo with Banana, Peanut butter. Banana will add flavor and sweetness. Healthy fat protein booster, Peanut butter will give a nutty flavor and along with banana, the oatmeal becomes voluminous. I have added Raisins, pistachio, grounded Flaxseeds, Sesame, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds and fresh fruits (Banana and watermelon) to the meal.
What are the health benefits?
- The meal is fiber-rich, gluten-free
- Rich in protein, vitamins, and many other minerals(Calcium, Iron etc)
- In addition to all the above, the meal is rich in omega-3 fatty acids
So, this recipe is perfect for those in weight loss diet, who have high blood pressure levels(Omega-3 fatty acid-1 spoon of ground flax seed per day helps for those who have high BP level), also good for a healthy heart, and adding cinnamon helps those, who are diabetic. B-vitamins are good for blood production and healthy nerve system. And many more…
In one word, it is a ‘nutrient dense’ tasty meal.
|Prep time||2-3 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
|Refrigerator life||1 Week|
|Plant-based milk||21/2 Cups|
|Rolled Oats||1 Cup|
|Fresh/Frozen Banana slices||1/2 Cup|
|Peanut butter||2 Tablespoons|
|Chia Seed and cinnamon||1 Teaspoon each|
|Grounded Flaxseed||2 Teaspoons|
|Sunflower seed & Pumpkinseeds||2 Teaspoons each|
- Add rolled Oats, Milk, Banana slices, chia seeds to a pot and stir well and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the oats cook
- Continue to stir the oatmeal several times to make sure Banana slices break down and mix well with the oats
- Add peanut butter, stir well and turn off the heat
- Add all other ingredients and mix well
- Serve with fresh fruits and freeze the remaining oatmeal in a glass container for reuse
- I do not store with fruits, and when I use the frozen oatmeal, I reheat with extra milk and then mix the fresh fruit and grounded flaxseed
- I have added watermelon slices, however, you may substitute watermelon with any fruit of your choice (Apples, pear, Berries, persimmon)
- Adding Tahini will enhance the taste
- If you are using steel cut oats, keep them soaked overnight and cook
- You may add honey if the banana is not sweet
I hope you’ll try this nutrient-rich, quick and easy vegan breakfast recipe- Banan Oatmeal with peanut butter and share the feedback in the comment section below.
** Amazon affiliate links are used
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. And do not forget to follow by Email, so that you will get an update on the latest recipe when I post. Just enter your Email and click ‘follow’ and then check your email and confirm subscription! That’s it!