The vibrant Yellow color drags me more towards Pumpkin. I try the various recipes with Pumpkin. Eating pumpkin is good for the heart. The potassium, fiber, and vitamin C content in pumpkin all support heart health. Studies suggest that consuming enough potassium may be almost as important as decreasing sodium intake for the treatment of hypertension, or high blood pressure.
1. Pumpkins are highly nutritious and particularly rich in Vitamin A, good for eyes
2. They can help in reducing the risk of chronic diseases due to their high antioxidant profile and they are immunity boosters
3. They are nutrient dense and low-calorie fruits(scientifically a fruit), may help in weight loss diet
Let’s dive into the healthy, quick and easy vegan recipe – pumpkin soup.
|Prep time||5 minutes|
|Cooking Time||7-8 minutes|
|Refrigerator life||1 Week|
|Chopped Pumpkin (sweet and any kind)||1 Cup|
|Onion||1 medium onion|
|Chopped Ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Grounded Pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin and coriander seed powder||1 Teaspoon each|
|Coconut cream||2 Table Spoons|
1. Combine Chopped Pumpkin, Onion, Ginger, Garlic, Cumin, and coriander seed powder, water in a saucepan and bring to boil, simmer until the pumpkin becomes tender
2. Blend all the cooked ingredients from step 1 along with coconut cream
3. Pour into soup bowls and sprinkle salt and ground pepper and stir well
4. Garnish with coconut cream, serve hot
Note: If you wish the soup to be watery add more water or it is to be thick add more pumpkin.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. And do not forget to follow by Email, so that you will get an update on the latest recipe when I post. Just enter your Email and click ‘follow’ and then check your email and confirm subscription! That’s it!