Another super easy, tasty, healthy recipe is here! Thai -style pineapple fried rice with Carrots, bell pepper, green peas is colorful and nutritious. The sweet flavor and amazing aroma are due to pineapple. So, when you cook, add more Pineapple chunks than any other ingredients.
It is important to cook not mushy and not clumpy rice. When the just cooked rice has more starch, you may add cold water and drain them.
How to cook rice?
- Cook using pressure cooker, or electric cooker
- Cook in a large pot
I’ll be posting a separate post on how to cook rice, please stay tuned to the blog.
How to caramelize pineapple?
Melt the butter on a cast iron frying pan over high heat, sprinkle brown sugar on both the sides of the pineapple and cook until brown.
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time||10 minutes|
|Refrigerator life||4-5 days|
|Reheating method||Thaw or reheat|
|Pineapple chopped||1 Cup|
|Frozen GreenPea||1/2 Cup|
|Carrot chopped||1/4 Cup|
|Bell pepper chopped||1/4 Cup|
|Ginger finely minced||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic finely minced||2 Cloves|
|Onion (chopped)||1 medium onion|
|Ligh Sodium Soy sauce||2 Tablespoons|
|Cashew (chopped)||1/4 Cup|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoons|
|Salt to taste||2-3 Teaspoons|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoons|
|Water to cook rice||2.5 Cups|
1. Cook the rice, for this fried rice, rice should not be mushy and should not clump together. It is better you let the rice to get cooled and then use or store the rice in the fridge and then use
2. In a large pan(I use cast Iron pan), heat the oil and sauté the onion for about 1 minute, add minced garlic, ginger, saute
3. Now add carrots, bell pepper, and saute for 3-4 minutes, add green peas, and saute
4. Add cashews, curry powder, chopped and caramelized pineapple
5. To the same pan add cooked rice, low sodium soy sauce(use liquid aminos which makes gluten free), salt to taste and brown sugar and stir well until everything mixes well and turn off the heat. Add the lemon juice and mix well
6. Garnish with green onion, fresh cilantro and serve hot
I hope you’ll try this quick and easy recipe- Thai inspired Pineapple Fried Rice and share the feedback in the comment section below.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter. And do not forget to follow by Email, so that you will get an update on the latest recipe when I post. Just enter your Email and click ‘follow’ and then check your email and confirm subscription! That’s it!